-What is Miss Western Australia? A WA based state pageant of stunning women from Western Australia with the purpose of promoting an advocacy, supporting charity or raising awareness in the society.
–What’s the age requirement? All women from ages 18 up to 50 plus.
–Are there any height, size, status, experience, cultural background and other requirements? There are no size, no height, no experience, no status requirements. Women who are married or not, with or without children of any cultural background are welcome. The only requirement is your willingness.
–Do I need to be an Australian Citizen to apply for this pageant? Not necessarily as long as you are in Western Australia is fine. If you’re holding a passport from another country you can either represent Australia or your background country for International pageant if applicable.
–When and where it will be held? Date for 2021 TBA and it will be held in Perth City.
–Is there a registration fee? A registration fee of $150 is required to join this pageant
–I do not have experience in joining a pageant how would I know what to do on stage? No experience is necessary in joining. Basic training and rehearsal of what you will do on the stage will be provided
–Will there be extra training required? Extra training is optional but highly recommended so you can polish your confidence when you talk, walk, style and present yourself during the competition. Training also helps you achieve your personal goals and build your self-esteem. Services and fees can be found on Models and Pageant website https://modelsandpageant.org/services-fees/
–What if I am a title holder of another pageant? If you’re holding a title of another pageant it is OK for you to join Miss Western Australia. You may have to ask permission from your pageant organiser or National Director if you’re under a contract.
–What will I get if I win Miss/Mrs Western Australia? As the main winner you will get the title Miss Western Australia with sash, crown, travel airfare and hotel accommodation to one international pageant.
–Which countries will the winner possibly be going to? Winner for Miss Western Australia would go either Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Kosovo, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Philippines.
–What if I win and don’t want to travel for any International pageant? All the winning prizes will be forfeited and all items given to you including crown, sash and title may possibly be taken back.
–What if I win as a runner-up? Runner up also get crown, sash, title and may represent Australia in another International pageant if the main winner cannot go and perform her duties. She may also be picked to represent Australia (or her background country) in another International pageant but some relevant fees may apply.
–What is advocacy? A particular cause that a candidate may speak on behalf of and may support.
–What are examples of advocacy? Examples of advocacy are non-profit organisation that works to help women in domestic abuse, standing up for people who have been bullied, children’s rights & protection, saving the planet, humanitarian cause and more.
– Will there be Question and Answer portion on the stage? To help with judging basic questions will be ask on stage. These questions and answers will be rehearsed anyway. It is mainly getting to know you as a candidate. No opinion is right or wrong. You will get the points as to how confidently you would answer in front of the audience.
– Will there be a talent portion required? There will be no talent portion however any candidate who is willing to perform their talent on the night are more than welcome to. It is encouraged to build your stage performance.
– What are the dress requirements for this pageant? You would be required to wear a 1. MAP T-shirt & jeans 2. Cocktail dress which is a knee length 3. Evening dress preferably long.
– Do I need to buy a pageant shoes? Not necessarily you can use whatever heels you are comfortable to walk on. But if you’re preparing for International pageant it is advisable for you to have one now. You can purchase pageant shoes from Marc De Fang website or you can order thru Models and Pageant directly. Please allow 2-3 weeks shipping.
–What are the process to be part of this pageant? First fill up the application form & submit online including your registration fee. Second organise your promotional shoot. Third organise your promotional video talking about your advocacy or cause you are supporting. Fourth attend a practice or the final rehearsal before the event. Fifth ready all your dresses for the event.
– What will the candidates do in the stage? Candidates will walk one by one on the stage with a music background while the emcee talk about their advocacy.
– How many segments there would be? There would be 3 segments 1st casual dress, 2nd cocktail dress and 3rd evening dress. There would be entertainment in between so candidates will have enough time to change their outfit.
–What are the criterias for judging? Criterias for judging are based on your confidence on stage such as how you walk, talk and project. Your behaviour and treatment towards fellow contestants, organiser and other people involved in the event plays a big part in the result of the winning.
–What if the event gets cancelled or rescheduled? Models registration fee is non-refundable once services such as photography, training, coaching and others items has been availed. Tickets purchased can still be used on the rescheduled event and it can only be refunded on cancellation of the event but not on rescheduled event.
– With the current Covid restrictions in place how is the winner going overseas? We will closely monitor the advice from State & Federal government as to when we are safe to fly out of the country. The validity of sending a winning candidate as Australian representative is one year. So if we can’t send you this year we will send you the following year.
–What if I have anymore questions and clarifications to make? Contact Models and Pageant on mobile 0427005888 or email email@example.com